03 February 2008

start critical thinking...

To be honest, I was not a good critical thinker before we started Communication Unit. The first time in my deep mind was when we were talking about different communicate manner between female and male, Adrianne asked us to think that who's the writer? Female or male? At that time, I realized that it is important for me to think from much more different sides of a problem. From then on, I determined to try to consider almost everthing in different angles.

For me, I'd like to study in communications as my major in University. Obviously, media is an important part of it. When I was in China, I knew that infomation on television did not always tell the truth. Since one of my friends was studying in Shanghai Theatre Academy China-DSXY, I knew that most of them have enough supporting background so that they could get in their dream university. Media in China is very complex.

I do not need to talk more about internet, as we all know, everything on internet we need to put a very very big question mark on it. The more we think, the more we get, not only as the usual way, but also other ways. I have learnt a lot from this week, especially from the lecture. I'd like to train myself to be a critical thinker.

2 comments:

Helen said...

I agree with you Jarno.Before we started communication unit,I never realize the importance of doing reading with critical thinking.In my mind,news are news,novels are novols,I analyze all the information I get from different sources naturally and never think it seriously.It's time for change our mind,do we?

natashainca said...

HI~Jarno ~say hello to you!!